Monday, August 23, 2010

a new year

Oh no. 

I fell in to the worst new teacher trap: giving up on a half-hearted, though well-intentioned, attempt at intellectualism and communicating with the outside world! 

Instead, here I stand (lie in bed), year two, having lost over half of my original special education cohort last summer.  And there's so much to say.  And I'm going to re-start this to say it all.

Second worst new teacher trap: (I still am a new teacher, even if a 2nd year-er seems "veteran" in this crazy system): Putting things off due to tiredness.  Alas, I think this trap is one that we can't avoid as every day our bodies feel an exhaustion that seems to have no end in sight.  Tiredness becomes an incurable, internal invasive species for teachers in the District of Columbia Public School system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment