Thursday, August 20, 2009

B-B-B-Benny and the Vets

So veteran teachers.

In our program, we spent a lot of time learning that it is a Good Thing to seek out veteran teachers.  We even learned the Best Ways to do so.

All I can say is, after this past week of professional development, I don't think it's a Good Thing to seek out veteran teachers.  It is a NECESSITY!! Do people ever really walk in to their schools without asking at least 8942375 questions?  

Everything from, and not limited to: where the custodial room is to how I plan field trips to how my schedule will work with pulling students out to do you know anything about my students, anyway? to what is the reading program we use in the school to what is a lattice square to what does PD stand for to where is the music room to do I have to sign up for lunch duty? to where do I sign in in the morning to how do I sign up for an email address to how do I sign up for my HR benefits to how do I log on to a computer to how many copies per month do I get to how do I print out lesson plans to when will I be observed... phew, that was a big breath.  But seriously... thank you, thank you, veteran teachers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment